View Single Post
Old 11-13-2009, 11:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Horror

Need Some Advice/Support

Hello,

I'm new to these forums and looking for a little support with a problem of mine since I have no one else to turn to about this subject.

I'm 19 years old and for the past four years have started having a more and more serious drug and alcohol problem and I do not want to allow it to escalate any more. It started with heavy pot smoking at 15 then moved to heavy drinking which then turned into the abuse of more and more drugs. Now I am unable to go a day without drinking or the abuse of drugs.

Eventually I started abusing oxycontin which seemed like the miracle drug. I could still function in my everyday life except be high and not worry about anything in my life. But now after about a year of using, and spending around 1000 dollars last month alone of the drug, I realized it's time to stop. However, the past few days of not using have been extremely painful and difficult for me. Not only are the physical and mental withdraws worse then I imagined, but many of my friends around me use and having people around me doing the drug makes it torture to stay clean.

I need a little advice and support since none of my friends who do not abuse drugs know the extent of my problem, and I definitely can not turn to my parents at this point.. The main problem is I live in a house with people who use, so everyday is a constant torture. Anyone have any strategies for getting over this painful hump?

Also my brother used to be addicted to oxycontin as well and it absolutely broke my parents heart to find out about it which makes it even more difficult to turn to my parents about this problem. Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.