Thread: Food detox
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2009, 10:57 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  
ViciousCycle
perpetual optimist

I had been full circle years ago with weight......my thyroid ran amuck.....First I was hyper, than hypo....back and forth.....I swear I know what the change of life will be like!!!!! The thyroid dictates everything...temperature, moods, etc. My doc asked me if I still had a boyfriend and a job...........a screwed up thyroid can turn you into Helga the Horrible, that's for sure. Anyway, finally had the damn thing taken out........best thing I EVER did.......now it simply taking a thyroid med in the morning and checking it periodically......

I think eating for me is very emotional. I think that's where I get in trouble sometimes.........sometimes I just need to gnaw on something! Like a snickers........skittles........it relieves tension........

I don't touch things like that when I am drinking.......but now that I have stopped........oh boy. I do make myself feel guilty enough tho.......eat that snickers bar? Downstairs for a walk on the treadmill. I do make myself pay for it........hopefully I can maintain this way......who knows. My jeans will let me know....well, they are now.......can you say muffin top???????? LOL........gotta hate the muffin top.