View Single Post
Old 11-13-2009, 09:23 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Tazman53
Follow Directions!

Wow Sue that is a bit of a pickle you are in. Are there any meetings maybe you could go to once a week for a while to find a lady to sponsor you? If not then perhaps call your district commitee and discuss this with them.

In my area many years ago just due to the same situation you are in right now there were a few times where a man did sponsor a woman, it worked but the men who did the sponsoring had thier spirits in the right place. I know 2 of these women, one has been sober for 33 years know and the other one 31 years.

Both of them share that it took a special man for them to have as a sponsor, but that once they were blessed with a woman as a sponsor things became easier for them. They both were thankful for the men that sponsored them at first and both were encouraged as soon as it became possible for them to seek out a lady to sponsor them.

Now you have my curiosity aroused, I will have to ask them where their lady sponsor came into the picture?

I am really a firm beleiver in same gender sponsors, perhaps one of the men could be a temporary sponsor and they could help you find a lady to sponsor you.

You will have to do what you have to do, but I really feel if there is any way for you to get a lady to sponsor you it would be best.

BTW congrats on your time sober!!! Do you all have a step study meeting? That could be of benefit for a while.