Old 11-12-2009, 07:14 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Tazman53
Follow Directions!

Change4life you have recieved some awesome advise.

In my area the majority of AA folks were cross addicted, most call them selfs alcoholics in AA, some say addict & alcoholic, others say cross addicted, a few simply as addicts, for 95% of AA folks we could care less, there are a few old timers whose feathers get ruffled at the mere mention of a drug other then alcohol in an AA meeting.

One of my sponsee's who has never set foot in an NA meeting (I have never asked why) was a crack head as well as an alcoholic, another did it all and as far as I know he also has never gone to NA. I speculate that one reason they attend AA is simply because there are far more AA meetings and their alcoholism led them to drugs.

As others have said, do not worry about it, just find a core set of meetings you like and identify with, NA or AA, find a sponsor in either fellowship that has recoevered from both if possible.

That being said, I smoked some pot in my day, but I am a straight up alcoholic, yet I have sponored several men that were "Cross Addicted" and they have stayed sober, not because of me, but due to the fact that like my sponsor did with me, I took them throught the steps straight out of the book, the only thing I did was shared my ES&H with them in regards to my taking the steps.