View Single Post
Old 11-12-2009, 06:24 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Tazman53
Follow Directions!

TB there is a saying in the rooms which when the crap hits the fan I hate to hear! "This to shall pass." I hate it because it is always true as long as I do not drink!!!

The Serenity prayer is such an awesome tool at times.

Is there anything at all I can do about a situation or a person?

If not then I simply have to accept the situation or person for what it is, that is not to say I have to like, but if there is nothing I can do to change it or them why let it eat me alive.

Now if there is something I can do, an action, then I am left with a choice, DO SOMETHING or wallow in my own misery and self pity.

ACTION, but for me only taken after prayer and meditation will lead me to relief for those things I can change.

You took an ACTION that was thought out and you are beginning to find releif.

Hang tough, you can not change the room mate from hell, but you can change YOU and the situation you find your self in right now. You took action and you found support and hopefully some one who can either get you out of this or get you pointed in the right direction.

Have faith that if you are doing the next right thing no matter how tough it is to do that eventually things will change.

Now if we drink.............. well we have just compounded any problem we have, we can drink until the cows come home and nothing will improve as we slide in and out of oblivion.