Old 11-11-2009, 05:53 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Lizzie101

husband drinks

After 7 years of sobriety, a few years ago I threw it away. Actually both my husband and I did - he had 12 years of sobriety. There was nothing that precipitated us falling of the wagon we just decided to jump off the wagon. I think we thought that after all the time that had passed we could try to drink normally. What a joke. We have now become drinking buddies but I want my sobriety back. They were some of the best years of my life. Here's wherein the problem lies, I quit for a few days and he consciously or unconsciously sabotages me. I know that I am ultimately responsible for my own actions but it's really difficult when he knows I'm trying to stay sober and then pours a drink and puts it in front of me. I know I can't blame him but what can I do to strengthen my resolve? I'm hoping this website will help because I'm not fond of AA, in fact when I was sober for seven years I did it without any help but I distanced myself from my old drinking buddies. We have a good marriage but I don't know what to do. I'm like a broken record with the needle stuck in the groove. Any suggestions?
Help!