View Single Post
Old 06-06-2004, 09:16 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
jopikami
Paused

Unhappy Now he's in love

My ex was preparing to move in with me. Two weeks prior, I call him, and he is drunk, with a female roommate in his room. She is an alcoholic/crack user.
He is in love with her, love at first site, etc. 4 days later, he calls me, doesn't remember anything. Says it is a blackout. I was devastated.

He moved in with me. But I was so angry and needed to talk and deal and emote. He couldn't handle. it. Said he didn't remember it so didn't know why it bothered me. Well, I did remember it. He also promised that there was no contact. Two weeks after moving out, he is in touch with her. Says, I helped him find someone kind and caring. And he cares about her.

He lied to me, etc. Have felt hurt, etc. Not in touch with him. I have felt devastated etc. Al-Anon has helped me. Went to a meeting, and found such warm, understanding people.

The long and short. I feel your pain. She is someone who enables him. And it probably won't last. I understand your feeling that if it does last, she gave him something you didnt. I feel the same way. Keep waiting for all those good qualities, I know that he has inside of him to come out. Felt that I loved him and supported him, it would help him.

And it didn't...... but it sure brought me down.