Old 11-10-2009, 07:53 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
BS08

That was one of the hardest things for me too. Not only did I lose a boyfriend, but his dog as well. I had started to think of her as my dog too. She is the sweetest thing ever and the most perfect dog and I truly loved her with all my heart. It was devastating to me when we had the final blow out and I had to push her away. She was always so excited to see me and would follow me everywhere. I had to push her away because I knew she wasn't going to be in my life anymore and it was an extra stab in the heart. I tried to adopt another dog, but it just didn't work out.

I really miss that sweet dog.....She was the best part of him really...

Originally Posted by honoryourself View Post
The hardest part if you can imagine is the dog situation. I know if I leave my H then my baby, my doggie, goes with him. The dog has been with us since we first met, almost.. when we met we were together for a month, then I had to go back home for a few weeks. During that time he acquired this puppy. Therefore it is technically 'his dog'. That dog is the most wonderful, sweetest, cutest thing in the world and I love him with all my heart. My AH would take care of him OK, not neglect him or whatever, but definitely not take as good care of him as I would. I would/will miss that dog and the puppy cuddles more than anything.
It tears me apart to think this would be the end of my time with that puppy. About 3.5 years, the dog's whole life. It would probably kill the dog too
I wish I could get joint custody of the pet!!