View Single Post
Old 11-10-2009, 06:22 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Wolf00

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Not sure of your point here Wolf.

I can assure you I've never driven under the influence - been a passenger lots of times though with people who were - I honestly don't know how we didn't kill someone - them or us.

I'm glad for the way permissible levels of alcohol for drivers have been driven down over the years, and I'm glad my country has finally started testing drivers for other drugs as well.

Too many people die. And that's the bottom line.

If it's a judgement call to suggest it's a stupid, selfish, and insane thing to do to drive drunk or high - then I make it....and I'm sure most people here, Kjell included, would agree with me.

D
Hey I'm not arguing that people dying in DUI car wrecks is an awful thing, I agree.

But I again can't agree that .08 is intoxicated driving, when taking away peoples freedom to commute to work for extended periods of time, often times their jobs are jeopardized and their ability to live their life is generally over. Family's suffer greatly, imagine losing your job is this economy due to transportation over having three beers at happy hour??? This repercussion is more extreme than assaulting someone of possessing illegal drugs or many other crimes.

This is just simply in response to your happiness over driving down the legal limit for DUI. Like I said having 4 beers in two hours and your DUI?? Can't agree again, sorry.

Just my opinion.