View Single Post
Old 11-10-2009, 05:18 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
jenelyse

Introduction/Need advice!!!

I am a 24 year old female with a boyfriend of 2 years who is an addict. He was abusing anything he can get his hands on, but his main drug of choice is marijuana. I've spent my entire life surrounded by addiction- My father is a recovering alcoholic.

The problem:

My boyfriend is currently in an inpatient rehab facility for 28 days, and he is his last 2 weeks there. He is doing better than I could have ever imagined! When he gets out of rehab he has no place to live, no job, no car, no money. Staying with me is not an option due to lack of money and a roommate who wouldn't go for it. His parents are not an option because they are both active addicts. None of his friends are viable options - as they are contributed to this addiction. Where can I look for resources to help with this issue? Are there are any places he can stay while at least getting a job (living in Denver, CO) ? I am at wits end trying to find help for him when he gets out! As long as he is dedicated to his recovery, I am dedicated to do everything I can to help him. Please help!!! Thanks