View Single Post
Old 11-10-2009, 02:34 PM
  # 473 (permalink)  
thirtybubba
Owner of a strange glitch.

Banana, yeah, go to another group. Go to a bunch, see what you like. I was initially turned off from AA after the first meeting I met... Been hit or miss ever since, but enough hits to still go.

Brent, maybe... Maybe I gotta wait for something amazing to happen too, although at this point it won't be AA, who are plenty nice to me when I'm there, but... And telling people (well, I told only the depression part--although I have told some of the alcoholism part) worked out so negatively, I don't think I'll be doing that again. So I suppose I might wait for something.

Well, y'all, I resolved the grad school problem... talked to the dept. head, he says he trusts my judgement. He also said that he's not surprised I can't get along in the dorms. That was very reassuring to me--I thought I was going crazy. I mean, I know y'all are supportive of me, but maybe I was typing it in such a way that it wasn't fully reflective of the whole situation. He mentioned specific things, and it was like finding SR all over again... he understood me!

Can't find the housing guy. Gonna look him up online and shoot him an email... see if that works.

I had an ice cream sandwich! It was an impulse buy... and I'm happy I bought it. I checked my balance and I'm about $40 less than I thought I was... what difference does it really make. $39 after the ice cream sandwich.

Got over my depression. I thought if you get diagnosed depressed, then you're going to stay that way for a while. I'm about as good at staying depressed as I am staying sober, I guess lol. I wonder what happens if I'm still happy on Friday when I have the next appointment?

My head is spinning from all the bleach I used this morning ( thirtybubba has lots of bleach) on the floors--still. I'm probably going to fail that inspection, but if that wasn't pre-determined, well, I'd eat my hat but I'm not even wearing a ribbon in my hair.

Still kinda worried about tomorrow and drinking, but kinda relieved... I stole my computer and we're sitting in the library. I got some books for my paper... I'll read them in more depth tomorrow. Right now I'm gonna do two of my small papers for the class I have tonight, to use as leverage for handing in my outline on Thursday. Yeah, I can stagger things... but leverage works in the real world. It's nice to have things that sorta make sense. The dorm life has far surpassed anything Hitchcock thought up.

On second thought... maybe that's how he got his ideas. If you have to live in a surreal world for even a while, all surreal becomes tantamount to real, and if one such world is real, why not another...

Philosopherbubba gotta go be sociologistbubba for a little while. Take care y'all.
TB