View Single Post
Old 11-10-2009, 01:14 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
CrackQuack

Originally Posted by curiousfox View Post
I've not driven drunk, ever... never would.

And the times I've really tried hard (yes putting a lot of energy in), I have been successful. But its that I don't always try.

But anyway, just so that last part of my post isn't misconstrued...

I have a problem with drinking, I get that.... all I meant was thats not what I'm trying to solve right now... Im trying to work out how to fix things with my friend.
Oh, I missed that part. Ok, you've never driven drunk (that you admit to or remember. We're addicts and we know how we all operate, so forgive me if I do not believe you, totally).
I am not attacking you, but trying to understand why you are here, at SR, if you are not interested in stopping your drinking problem. I have to agree with the others, there are forums and information out there, on the internet for relationship problems. If all you are interested in is fixing your relationship, then maybe you are not in the right place. I say maybe, because maybe you DO want to stop drinking and you're introducing your problem with your friend as the "front" or "cover". When you are ready to stop drinking and letting yourself commit this foolish behavior, and admit the real problem is the drinking, we're here for you.
As for the friend, I don't blame her for wanting some space or just blowing you off with a "it's fine". You're letting your drinking problem get in the way of a beautiful relationship. Once you no longer allow that to happen, maybe she will forgive you and things will come around, in time.