Old 11-10-2009, 10:46 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
nodaybut2day

Originally Posted by honoryourself View Post
Did you guys go back and 'test the waters' and in doing so realize that the feeling was not the same, so therefore you didn't miss it?
I am somewhat ashamed to say that a week or so after my XH and I agreed on separation, I slept with him. He cornered me in the kitchen when the lights were out and lay one on me; I melted. We'd always had good physical connection, and it's probably what brought us together initially. Unfortunately, the sex wasn't as awesome as I thought it would be. I kept thinking of other things, worrying about my baby in the other room, and when it was over, I realized that I'd made the right choice about leaving.

He told me that he wanted us to try being "boyfriend-girlfriend" after the dust settles; he thought that it might be the way for us to "work" (i.e. he comes over when he wants to feel like a dad and see his child for a bit, or because he horny and wants sex, but none of the commitment involved in a relationship). I didn't say anything but was internally revolted/pissed off.

Gradually, as the threats kept coming and as he continued to toy with me, the need for closeness with HIM disappeared. I invested in a few cuddly fleece blankets and wrap myself in them at night once my daughter is asleep.