Old 11-10-2009, 08:23 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
honoryourself

don't like the man but I miss the cuddles

How did you all deal with missing the physical aspect of your relationships as you moved apart and went your own ways? I'm not going to claim we had a great sex life or anything, but I already miss holding eachother and cuddling, the hugs and the kisses. I suppose I miss those feelings from the man I thought loved me and cared for me, and the man who THOUGHT he loved and cared for me, but I already feel so lonely and we haven't even made any divorce decisions or moved out. In fact we are still frequently sleeping in the same bed though we have not been intimate in probably 2 months.

Did you guys go back and 'test the waters' and in doing so realize that the feeling was not the same, so therefore you didn't miss it? I guess things seem to be going so quickly downhill and out the door that I haven't had a lot of time to adjust to the reality of never being close with this man again. It's hard and scary.. Any tips or thoughts? I'm crying just thinking about it..

It's crazy because he was selfish and still is, he is unreasonable, yet I still feel good being held. I suppose I'd feel a lot better being held but a much more loving person. But that doesn't change that this is what I'm used to.