View Single Post
Old 11-09-2009, 06:00 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Horselover

Mariposa - I'm glad you posted it. Congratulations on your 11 months sober. I have had those feelings about it wasn't that bad and maybe I could have just 1 too. I then realize that because this disease is progressive that the 1 drink will probably be enough to do me in and I might not make it back from a relapse. I am talking my story on this because I am totally honest when I say I HAVE HAD THESE THOUGHTS. A relapse is scary. Sure there is a chance that it will be a one night stand and you'll bounce back, but what if it isn't? That's the question without an answer for me and that's why I haven't wanted to test it.

I feel like this - I'm 43 years old and I started drinking when I was 16 years old. I steadily drank from my late 20s until I was 36 years old and gave it up for 9 months. You can guess why. I then picked up again and drank every night until I quit for good. I think I have had enough alcohol to power up many establishments. I also think of the damage I have done to my body and the further damage I would be doing to my relationships and it isn't worth it.

I hope you play the tape out as they say because that's what has helped me.