View Single Post
Old 11-09-2009, 12:43 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Kjell
i've done my almost

Originally Posted by Aysha View Post
I totally agree with taz here. I remember reading your first post on this. And I will be honest and thought. "Oh here we go, Another poor me DUI thread."
I have zero sympathy for drunk driving.
Because 9 times out of 10 the drunk person walks away uninjured and alot of times is only concerned about their legal problems they will face.
I didnt see that really from you.
I saw someone who was genuinely concerned first about the safety of the other people and yourself.
Sure your going to have concern about legalities. Who wouldnt. But I saw you were more focused on what could have happened.
I have alot of respect for that.
And taking the actions you arfe is wonderful.
It could very well have gone alot worse. You and everyone involved got really lucky.
I am so glad you see that and have the sense enough to take steps to make sure it doesnt happen again.
And by that I mean not drinking to begin with.
I am such a firm believer of Karma. And by your heart being in the right place. You are going to be ok.
Good luck., And thank you for showing me that it isnt all about the drunk driver and what consequences they will have to face.
I know too many people killed by drunk drivers. And most of them were only worried about how it screwed their own life up.
You are a great example of owning up for your wrongs.
I hope others will follow.
Thank you. My Father (who's name is Kjell) was killed in a drunk driving accident, but he was the one driving and crashed his car into a tree. He also blacked out when drinking. Which is a very ironic in a sad, sick way that I'm capable of doing the same thing, even when going 6 weeks without a drop. It scared the hell out of me and I don't want to hurt anyone or myself.

I'll keep you posted on my progess. I'm looking forward to getting well and this site is great. I think sometimes how hard this would be without SR and AA.