View Single Post
Old 11-09-2009, 08:06 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  
jahnilee59

Originally Posted by ViciousCycle View Post
Sounds like a good way to vent thru food, Barb. lol.

Jahn, how do you make yours? I kind of just wing it. I make my stir-fry different everytime. I have to be careful of store bought mixes as I was diagnosed as a Celiac a few years back. (allergic to wheat and gluten.) That sure put a new twist on my cooking and shopping life!! But due to my love of food, I have created everything I love in a way I can eat it................with the exception of bread. The only bread for a celiac can second as a doorstop or a weapon.

This is a great thread as it shows we don't just share the addiction thing, we share the love of food!!!!!!!
Vicious, I start with 3lbs of top round steak and while it is frozen I cut it up into approx 3/8 X 3/8" pieces. I julienne all of the colors of bell pepper that I can find at the local stores, farmers markets and my own garden. I use carrots, green onion, celery, squash (yellow and green) and tomatoes (at the very last few minutes). Meat first to brown in a little olive oil and then add all ingredients except tomato. Serve with brown rice and soy sauce. yum.
Also those hard european type breads are my favorite. I slice them up and freeze them and take out as much as I want for a meal. I often toast the bread in the broiler part of the oven. Mmmmm chewy. Thanks for asking.
John in Oklahoma