View Single Post
Old 11-09-2009, 07:45 AM
  # 419 (permalink)  
bdiddy5522

Thank you everyone! I would not be where I am right now without all of you. Here is an update on what has transpired this morning. I came out to my parents house (which is also where my office is) and they both met me at the door with big hugs! Then we all cried for awhile. haha. My dad started making calls and I have an appointment at 1 this afternoon with an alcoholic counselor for an assessment. So we will see what their recommendation is for my treatment options.

My dad called a good friend of his that is a very active member of AA and has been for 35 years. He is dieing from terminal cancer, but my dad called and asked him if he has time to "save one more person." He said absolutely, and he is picking me up tonight to take me to an AA meeting at 8 tonight. What a great person, and the tears are rolling down my face as I type this.

My wife is already coming around. She gave me a big hug before I left this morning and said she is here for me. I know it will take some time, but we will get there.

Thank you again to everyone, and I will keep you all posted. You guys are all the BEST!!!