View Single Post
Old 11-09-2009, 04:41 AM
  # 410 (permalink)  
bdiddy5522

Thanks everyone. To be honest, my parents are being just wonderful. See, my brother went through this about 15 years ago. He did a 30 in house treatment program. He has slipped and drank again, but I think he is sober now. Hard to say. So anyways, my parents have done all the research and they think I should go to a place called Human Service Agency and visit with a counselor and see what they think I should do to start my recovery. This is what they specialize in and can get me started in the right direction. Whether it be an outpatient treatment program, AA, whatever. But get me a professional opinion.

On the other hand, my wife is not happy. She feels like I have just been lying to her all this time. I understand why she feels this way, but I had hoped she would be happy for me, us, and our family. Instead now she is just angry. I hope she turns around. I went to bed alone last night and she wouldn't even talk to me when she came to bed. So it looks like for now it is me and my parents tackling this. I understand why she is hurt. I told her if I had cancer, would she be mad at me, because this IS a disease, and she said no. But she thinks this is different and I made the choice. Well, I will keep everyone posted.

So today is a big day. Let's see what the Lord has in store for me. I am supposed to go to the Black Hills deer hunting for 4 days on Thursday morning. I hope I can still go, but I think I know what the answer will be. Wish me luck everyone, and thank you all soooo much for your love and support! I don't know where I would be without this group! You all are the best!