Thread: Sunday PM blahs
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2009, 12:53 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Emily2002

I know exactly how you're feeling, Watsonc. My husband's out with the doggies at a local park on this beautiful fall day. Football's on the and he'll throw on a few logs in a bit when he returns. After that, he'll mix a martini -- he's recently taken to drinking wine on weekdays -- and I'll be having my virgin clamato, horseradish and tabasco my current "go to" nonalchoholic drink.

Sometimes I'm ok with this. Sometimes it really just doesn't seem fair, and I get resentlful. The thing is -- if I give in, I KNOW I'll have more than one. I'll then be kicking myself in the morning and more likely to start drinking daily again before finding myself in crisis mode, trying desparately trying to get through even a day or two sober.

I've been back and forth here since 2006 and this is the longest stretch I've had sober -- 69 days -- since I was in my early 20's. A long time.

It might help id you write down all the reasons you drink and then all the reasons you decided NOT to drink. Also consider the weeks you already have under your belt. Do you really want to have to start all over? Start experimenting making some non-alcoholic drinks and put them in a pretty -- or "special" glass. Get out a crossword or a book or something else you'd enjoy doing as you sit in front of the fire.

Wahtever you do, hang in there and be good to yourself. You deserve it!