Old 11-08-2009, 10:06 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
JenT1968

its hard isn't it, trying to rewire that thinking?

I don't want to be in a relationship where I don't trust the other, or where I'm not trusted. The last 2 relationships I have been in I have lost my trust for the other because of their repeated betrayals.

I trust too easily, I trust again and again and again, as Bookwyrm says. Being distrustful isn't really the problem for me.

I've also been distrusted without provocation and that's hard too: being accussed of affairs when I go out, when he finds a pullover he was too drunk to remember borrowing, when he "dreams" that I have been unfaithful.

my issue/his issue, these things get intertwined and confusing. But I'm easy to run rings around and manipulate emotionally. This probably isn't healthy, but I think from now on the moment I distrust someone, I'm goingt to step way back and cut someone from my life, no second guessing, no thinking about my motives, giving them the chance to explain, benefit of the doubt or agonising, self-reflection about what my distrust reveals about my psyche: because it almost doesn't matter to me why the trust has gone (because they've done something/because I have trust issues): people say it can be rebuilt but it looks bloody hard and to be frank, unless a relationship was uniquely wonderful before the trust went south, would the effort be worth it?

Heath warning: I haven't slept well for a while (sick children) so this may be reflected in my mood!