Thread: Mixed emotions
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2009, 06:41 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
sailorjohn

Mixed emotions

The friend sends me a text message, wants me to attend the awards night at the local yacht club, we are up for a few flags, I am a part of the crew and wish to keep racing with these guys next year.

I replied almost reflexively back, no, he responded 'don't let ***** ruin our night'.

I pretty much knew the ex was going to be there, my reason for not attending, still feeling a little raw. But he's right, so I agreed to attend, as soon as I got back to the parking area saw her van parked between a couple of sailboats, and as luck would have it, her table is right next to ours. Oh well.

I arrived as late as I could, just before the start of the awards, actually won a pair of sailing gloves-hahhaha-and got to witness a little of her performance, working the room, a charming sociopath.

Loud voice sexual innuendoes, she was drinking, made a joke about lubricants-if I were a betting man, for my benefit-reinforces why I left, we obviously don't share the same values. Of course I left pretty much as soon as the awards were done.

Feeling down, but like I said, at least a little validated,