View Single Post
Old 11-07-2009, 06:20 PM
  # 402 (permalink)  
thirtybubba
Owner of a strange glitch.

Hi y'all.

Midton, I just conquered my first sober flu... although I had a few (!) less days than you, I can assure you... ((Midton)) The thought of a bottle to cure it/oblivion-ate it occurred to me no finite number of times... But I somehow got through, and in then end, I have to admit, it is better this way. Just a few miserable knock-you-to-your-knees days along the way. But no guilt, no frustration over my inability to stay sober, no withdrawals...

I have now replaced the period with the ellipse. Can't tell you why, it's a sober thing.

I don't have braces, either, I just like that grin.

15 days locked in, I'm in it for the long haul now... Third longest time sober since I was a kid. Am not fixing to define long haul.

Brent, hang in there buddy... VC, you too... KC, OB, y'all too... intent is worth plenty, in the law and sobriety.

Congrats as usual to all the people with lots of days sober. How we got here, I have a good idea, how we got to sober, I may never know... This is not easy.

My life is still as messed up as usual. I went to my classes today, and only one meeting afterward--and it was full up, so I waited around to talk to the people afterwards, to let them know I didn't have a phone. I found out you can have a sponsor without a phone, you just have to arrange to meet them at a meeting, say.

So I'll start looking tomorrow, I think I'll get to that meeting that I have to walk to. This time, I'm wearing pants and tennis shoes. I have no intention of asking for a ride. I don't need my heart broken any more.

I have a mess of school work to catch up on. These flus have set me as far behind, if not further, than liquor ever has. Not the best lesson, but I just don't feel like drinking for now.

Take care y'all
TB, possibly done