Thread: day60
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2009, 10:39 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
a fallen man

Originally Posted by dojoro View Post
Wow! The being annoyed about having to drive at night I can relate to. I have always wondered how people go anywhere at night. Wouldn't they rather be home drinking. I missed the first PTO meeting for that very reason.

Congratulations! I'd love to see the links about your brain/organs and alcohol...can you paste them for me or point me in the right direction. Thanks.

Jo
my life was built around me drinking at home. i couldn't wait until there were no more obligations so i could just start hammering the vodka. i ended up resenting my sons and wife when i had to drive them somewhere as in my twisted mind they were keeping me from the vodka...even if it was just for a few hours. what's really funny now is my youngest son is now 17 and has his full license and that would really free me up.....lol. but i'd rather have what i have now than my vodka haze.

i'm sorry but i don't have the links. one of the everyday posters has them and if they read this i'm sure they will provide them. one of the things that i didn't realize is that it takes a minumum of 90 days for your body to start shaking off the effects. sure, you can get past the shakes and not sleeping after the first couple weeks.

it just told about how the body processes the alcohol and what changes it does on it's own to adjust itself to the increased intake and how alkies seem to process it differently than non-alkies actually leading to reasons we're more succeptible to it.