Thread: I've had it!!
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2009, 05:22 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Threshold
Grateful to be free

welcome, huge hugs. You can do it, and you will have more friends and company and community than you ever dreamed possible! I mean, there are a LOT of us who found ourselves addicted and made a break with it.

It's a process, and you've started it. So, welcome to the world of recovery, you are not and never can really be again a hopeless addict, because you've already cracked open the blinds and let some light in, you are one of us now and we are so happy to have you.

I'll echo a previous poster, see a doctor first if that is at all an option. And please don't ever be afraid of taking steps to improve your situation. Getting caught in recovery is 10,000 times better than being found out as a dedicated user.

Detox isn't fun, but I've been through it and believe me, a few days of hell....(come on you've already had plenty of those) is worth the freedom they bring, well well worth it. You will never regret pushing through to the other side.

Don't talk yourself out of this before you even begin, don't think of all the reasons why it might fail...instead look at all the lives of people here who can tell you for real that recovery happens, there are life building options available and that YOU coming here helps US recover as well.