Thread: the end result
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2009, 05:51 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
copperpenny

not eligible for medicaid

Case mgmt. worked her case today and she is not eligible for Medicaid. She is improving, optho thinks left eye will recover... She will need weeks of Vanco so she will have to stay in the hosp. in the long-term (dump) unit. She can't go anywhere as she would not even be able to get Vanco at home, no coverage, no Medicaid. So, the hospital will write off probably over 100,000 in bills if she stays. She is now on Percocet, off Dilaudid and Fentanyl patch. Now it will get really hard for her. My husband is doubtful she will be able to do all she needs to do to get to rehab. I want to have hope for her and I do but... She had long periods of being clean, 21 and 17 mos. when her child was little and she lived with us. She has had some male visitors (friends), yea right, one or more just happens to be married. We are pulling back some, she is over the hump, we will detach with love again, there is nothing else we can do at this point. Not telling child at this point. If her Mom bolts again it would be too painful for her to lose her Mom for the 10th time. Prayers for all addicts and their families.