Thread: Introduction
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2009, 09:18 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Threshold
Grateful to be free

My neck is getting sore from nodding along....

Multiple addictions here...currently anorexia is among them.

Have issues with the way many AAers use the term God and Higher Power because I am a pantheist, and few people understand what that means and I find myself getting caught up in pointless arguments with people over my relationship to the Universe and the control issue thing.

so I understand some of the issues coming up here. I am working a recovery program and wind some AA materials into it.

The same issues come up in every solid recovery program, because the same issues underlay all addiction...but if the wording and packaging get between us and recovery...better just find a program that uses words that don't rub us the wrong way, but address the same issues.

lets keep moving forward together

and yes, if you go to 12 step meetings in your area you will doubtless run into people you encounter in other areas of life...and that is really scary at first, but also really encouraging, once it sinks in. we are all in this together, and do you think THEY are going to say "you'll never guess who I saw at my addiction group the other night..." I mean, think about that.