View Single Post
Old 11-04-2009, 05:42 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
nilotic7

Thanks for your posts -- I have been repeating the three c's to myself A LOT over the past day or two. My mother was released from detox yesterday and I spoke to her today -- she sounds a little foggy but today she had hope. I told her that I love her unconditionally and am not mad at her and told her what I am doing to help myself and that this is the best way for me to help her on her journey. She had an appointment w/ her pcp today and she said that he told her that she has a chemical imbalance in her brain -- she was amazed/relieved by this -- you can't imagine how happy she sounded! I guess because she never worked her steps the last time she didn't know...? I hope it keeps her hopeful and strong...
I talked to my stepfather, too. He is telling her to her face that everything she says is a lie and he doesn't believe anything she says. He is so angry at her -- I told him to wait and let her actions speak for her. I hope she keeps to her word or I think he may throw her out..I don't know.
I am waiting for a blowup when she tries to drive to her outpatient intake interview and he tells her she still isn't allowed to drive...or maybe he will let her. I don't know. I have tried to direct my stepdad to this site to start the learning process and mom has given him a list of al-anon meetings.
It sounds like he needs help just as much or more than she does.

It feels really good to share my thoughts and feelings here -- thank you again everyone for giving me hope throughout my day.