Thread: the end result
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2009, 03:10 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
copperpenny

MRSA update

Thanks for thoughts and prayers, it has helped. Finally started to improve last night, both eyes and all of face was now involved but the Infectious Disease doctor took over, thank heaven. he increased her Vancomycin, put her on steroids, packed her face in ice. Opthomologist was to see her yesterday but the prima donnas would not take her because she has no insurance. The ID doc called them back and raked them... She may need her eye debrided, from the inside, as the CT scan shows tissue damage in the orbit, in the cone.

to answer a question, yes MRSA is very prominent in jails, epidemic like. She probably got colonized in jail or from contact with a colonized person or from IV drug use although crack is her doc.

Yes, I agree about her daughter knowing she is sick, this will probqbly come this w/e if Mom continues to improve. Right now her face is too distorted for her to see. Mom is on Dilaudid 2mg every 4 hrs., and a Fentanyl patch, heavy duty pain meds but she is alert and still in pain (eye).

Now, comes the tough part. If she con't to improve, she has nowhere to go, will need IV antibiotics for 4-6 weeks after discharge from hosp. Hope she can get on Medicaid. Church that is willing to help her can't until her felony warrant is cleared up etc. You know where I am going with this... She is going to call the judge's asst. and plead her case, I don'.t think even the jail would want her anytime soon... but should we let her come home to con't antibiotics, then do jail or whatever, then go to rehab? Oh what a tangled web we weave...