View Single Post
Old 11-03-2009, 09:21 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
myxomatosis

beautiful, i have quit opiates, pills, i know exactly what you are going through right now. i was prescribed oxy for 2 years strait. you can get off them.
i know you dont want to waste the time you have already spent, i totally understand. its up to you. all i can tell you is what i did.

i dosed myself down, just like your doc said. i went from 4 pills a day, down to 3, down to 2, down to 1, then none. doing it that way, i had no withdraws. it worked for me, im not saying it will work for everyone that way, but it works for me.

the pills are easier to quit than alcohol, but oh god, the withdraw is horrific. sweating, laying on the couch holding my stomach and crying. i remember the spinning knives. it feels like a ball of spinning knives cutting everything up in your stomach. its these kinds of withdraw that scared me about quitting drinking. just try to remember that its only temporary. mylanta and pepto stuff kinda helps, kinda dosent.
god im so sorry, this was 6 years ago, and i still remember the pain like it was yesterday. stay strong

its your decision, i would say that if you can make it and are half way there than keep going without them.

just please please dont do what i did. when i couldnt sleep after quitting the pills, i went to alcohol. dont replace one addiction for another. sober is the only way to go.