View Single Post
Old 11-02-2009, 09:24 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
logo
NAIOU

Originally Posted by beautifulbc View Post
I am only 12 hours in from taking my last pill of dilaudid. The withdrawal is terrible and very frightening, never experienced these feelings of pain/anxiety before.
My family think I have the flu because I'm too ashamed to admit my addiction to pain killers.
If anyone has any helpful ideas to ease the sickness I would be really grateful
I have detoxed from dilaudid a few times and it is no cake walk. I would just keep telling myself that I had the flu, because that is what it feels like. It would take me about five days to feel better and after 7 days I felt OK. You can do this if you want it bad enough. My only concern for you is that you still have a good supply of pills left. For me if I was in your shoes I would end up taking a few pills just to feel better. So give your pills to someone outside of your house and you will stand a better chance of getting through this. Don't give up and don't give in. There is really nothing that will ease the sickness. Advil for pain, decongestant for head, something for the diarrhea and drink a lot of liquids as this will help flush it out your system. You will have to go through what you have to go through to get on the other side of this problem. When you get to the other side just always remember what it was like to get off of this highly addictive drug Dilauid. Hope this helps. Good luck on your journey. Logo :praying