View Single Post
Old 11-02-2009, 04:16 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
neecey1224

When I had my exAH removed from the home after yet another violent incident, it took me months to "detox" from the past two years of constant crisis. Months to stop waiting for the other shoe to drop - and that was with him NOT living in my environment. I realized that my mind and body had literally been in survival mode for 2 years. My mind and body had become accustomed to functioning in a mode of trying to keep me ALIVE. That was a super big pill to swallow. My counselor tells me this type of functioning creates a degree of post-traumatic stress, like outonalimb said. Its real. Its serious. And it's really hard to process and work through. I can't imagine (for myself) trying to deal with the aftermath of my relationship with exAH still in my immediate home environment. After all, he was the source of the constant crisis and the reason my body and mind decided I was in a LIFE-THREATENING situation. Girl, you are one strong woman. Take a few steps out of the circle and look in. I think it will give you a lot of insight into yourself. Hang in there and always, ALWAYS, be good to yourself!