View Single Post
Old 11-01-2009, 09:29 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
greeteachday
Administrator

I'm sorry you are hurting...I don't think it is unusual for us to feel that way...perhaps because the drama has stopped and so now we can defrost a bit and the adrenaline stops flowing so fast.

Sometimes those types of weekends are needed...to just unwind a bit and not have to constantly do. But sometimes they are an indication of a slide into depression and isolation. One of the hardest things for me to do was take that step to talk to my doctor...to say, maybe I do need a little help to start feeling better. An antidepressant helped me...speaking with a counselor helped even more so I could develop the skills I needed to find my way out of that darkness of depression and see the warning signs goign forward.

Hugs...Hope you will think about your husbands suggestions. They say if depression lasts for more than 2 weeks, its a good idea to speak with a doctor. When I feel some of the warning signs, I try to get out more into sunshine...be physical (it lifts my spirit) and force myself tonot always stay alone, even though that is my preference.