View Single Post
Old 11-01-2009, 10:18 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
partydiva

Hi Thursday Night. You sound similar to me. I was drinking 1-2 bottles every couple of days. It scared me when I started on bottle 3 after 6 hours of drinking. Or I would substitute it with Vodka to pump up my drunk. I would have a nice glass of wine at 4:30pm with a smoke...by glass three I was ready to pick up my next bottle. One bottle had no effect (the drunk feel) on me. It just changed my thinking, loss of control mentally do stupid things like Drive!

I started a journal to understand what would set me off. Axienty due to work and procrastination of a task I couldn't face. Whether it was my family budget, messy house, client problems, kids issues. It was all of the above that was setting me off. While I was still drinking, I started reducing my volunteer activities. The only job I should be doing it the one that pays my bills. Client issues are their issues not mine. My kids are big now...they can help out. I just need to let stuff roll off my shoulder. I think back to my non-drinking days and what I did. I had structure and fun. I went to the gym, made plans for fun things with the kids on the weekends and didn't worry so much about money...even if I didn't have lots of it. I say NO to anything uncomfortable. That's what I am doing again...go to the gym, take the dog out, sleep lots, sleep more, make plans to have some fun again. Day 4 and I can still feel the hellish addition hold on me. The wine calls my name every night. I just had a craving for a smoke...here I am writing my feelings until the moment passess.

So Thursnights...it really comes down with finding something else to do. If your addition was only 1 bottle you are lucky...don't wait until you get to 2 or 3 bottles. Keep posting to SR and tell me about your wine stories. Talking about it helps.