View Single Post
Old 11-01-2009, 06:42 AM
  # 287 (permalink)  
traderjane

One more thing I was thinking of --- how much alcohol was woven into my life. In the past, I noticed that Moms of kids liked to stay home on Halloween and pass out the candy and DRINK WINE while the Dads took the kids trick or treating. I thought this cool when I saw some Moms doing this and started the tradition myself for many years. Heck, I even took wine with me in a paper cup when I took the kids trick or treating!! I think the point is that we have made drinking so important in our adult lives that we have found a way to incorporate into just about every event and holiday that we have.

Last night I had a sober Halloween giving out the candy, taking pictures of my kids, greeting the neighbors. etc. And guess what? It was great!!! The thought of numbing it all out with wine seems silly and pointless. And thankfully the thought never even crossed my mind even though this is probably my first sober Halloween in many years.

On Day 4 today! I seldom have cravings now. But just have to make it 100% of the time and I'll be okay.