Thread: again
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2009, 08:06 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
thirtybubba
Owner of a strange glitch.

Well y'all, I did not drink yesterday... or so far today either. Don't know how.

Last night I eventually dried my eyes and fell asleep. Today I did what I had to do, got to 1 1/2 meetings... I was depressed for the first, didn't even stand up, but they know me there & gave me a hug. The second, I had to walk an hour to get to. I was an hour late. Was gonna share but didn't, because there was no time left.

Originally Posted by yeahgr8 View Post
I'd love to be a fly on the wall at these AA meetings you go to, or better yet be sitting in the room in person...i don't understand why you seem to not be getting more from them...your posts seem to indicate that you are going to them, talking to people, staying to talk to them at the end in an open and honest way etc...is this the case?
You know, I think I might have figured something out... everybody in the meeting has more than five years. Except maybe 3 or 4 people out of 30. Which opens the possibility that, for 5 years, they've been a closed community...

I've found better ones, I'm over that stupid meeting. And I discovered I get half off bus fares today! Now if only the nearest bus line wasn't a half an hour away...

Originally Posted by yeahgr8 View Post
All the stuff that is going on in your head just means that you are caught up in the insanity of alcoholism, this is especially apparent on the days that you do not drink not on the days that you do...thats the way it works
(emphasis mine)

Thanks ... that gave me more to stress on last day. But it's okay, I was prestressed. What you said's too true.

Anyways, I got a ride home tonight!

Just thought I'd put it down, I actually survived all that--ohhh I forgot the best part. I was waiting on a bus and these two drunk guys come up, and one of them is beyond wasted, I give him my seat because otherwise somebody'd have to pick him up off the sidewalk. The other one talks to me and invites me in on the bottle of gin he's got...

Why do the first people to 'welcome' me to this part of Southern California have to be the ones with the bottles...

So I said no... repeatedly. He wanted to make sure of all sorts of things, like I had somewhere to go tonight (do I look that bad off? shoot, it's halloween...) and other attempts to get me to kick it with him.

Time I got off that bus, I wished I was closer than an hour to that meeting, that's for dang sure. So then I passed 2 liquor stores and a bar... if this is a test, somebody's throwing the curve... and it's not me.

Or a curveball...

-TB, trying to figure out if she's sober in a classroom or a ballpark...