View Single Post
Old 10-27-2009, 12:46 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
mirage

Yep. Actually I met with a therapist for the first time today and it pretty much boiled down to the fact that I'm 'bored'. I hate that word...a more suitable description may be that I need more fulfilling activities in my life besides the homemaker stuff. My kids are 10 and 8 now, so I'm not as busy taking care of them as I used to be, and they're in school full time now. Leaves me with too much time on my hands..and less purpose really. At least that's how it's manifesting itself. I find staying home with the kids gets to you after a number of years. You kinda forget who you are, and I've found I've lost a great deal of confidence. I'm a teacher by trade...starting to sub now to get back out there...but I really have to make myself do it. I've been home for 10 years...hard to get back out in the real world!

You'll feel so much better if you stop drinking. I'm only on day 10, but it's improved my patience, my sleep, etc...now I'm workin on the 'boredom' part. Glad you posted..hope to hear more from ya!