View Single Post
Old 10-24-2009, 05:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
stratta2

Question old demons coming home to roost

Hello I am new here and unsure if am even posting this right. I have a question I have been on methadone now for 2 years and it has saved my life however i just ended a nine year relationship with the man i was supposed to spend my life with because i was on the sober train and he was on the derailment train getting high and going to jail...etc... My problems is now that he is gone and i can concentrate on myself I am havin alot of nightmares and can not sleep well anymore not only that but when my mother (whom i live with) works nights i can't seem to sleep at all. I find myself up and waiting for someone to break in or to come to collect old debts that my ex left behind for me to deal with.... I am a single mother of a 14 year old living with my mother and i try not to let anyone know what I am afraid of because i don't want to cause unneeded fear especially in my son.. I have told my mother and she will call to try and calm me down and get me to sleep and she thinks i am being silly and i know that I am safe but i just can't get rid of these demons is this surfacing now because i have all this time to worry about just my sobriety and how do i kill these demons they are really turning me into something unpleasant to say the least I know the whole no caffeine, take walks but this isn't insomnia it is fear.....true and honest fear of a past life from 2 years ago seems far enough away but just resurfaces every night... I am prescribed seroquel and i have stopped taking it because it doesn't work...Fear out weighs medication what can i do i wish i could erase my memory any suggestions please am tired of reliving that life
stratta