Old 10-24-2009, 08:38 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
cassandra2

First welcome to SR. I am sorry for the reason that brought here but glad that you found us. You will find lots of support and answers to your questions. Most of us here have been through exactly what you are talking about and then some.

I would really read around here on the site and try to learn as much as you can about addiction. The more you know the better off you are.

Most people think of homeless dirty old men when they think of a "drug addict" but that really is not the case. My RABF was addicted to prescription pills also. It was a nightmare.

Your husband is very much addicted and DOES NOT want to stop. If he hasnt taken the steps to stop then he isnt ready to stop. Not now atleast. And I would prepare myself for the worst. I would control the money and make sure that he does not have access to the money or at the very least open an account in your name and put money in it so that you can still take care of your household.

As you can see addicts lie. It has nothing to do with you. Its because they are protecting or feeding their addiction. Holding his pills will do nothing for either one of you. We did that and after awhile I ended up giving him the bottle because I just couldnt take it anymore. The begging the fighting the withdrawals. It was crazy.

And most important I would get to an ala-non meeting ASAP. They can help you through this.

Addiction isnt about them not loving you or your family. Your husband is sick and until he gets well and makes that choice it will only be about him getting or maintaining a high.

Sad to say but that is the reality.