View Single Post
Old 06-04-2004, 05:26 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
anniecake

How do you know what to do?

Hi. I'm new. This is my first post. I know that I can't react to my husband's drinking but I don't know what to do with myself. If he had behaved in some of the ways he does while sober, I wouldn't ignore it. I don't know how to explain to other people when they ask me why he is doing or why he has done something. No one else really knows about his drinking and I'm not eager to share it with family or friends. I have 2 small boys and I'm concerned for them as well. Do I leave my husband or do I stay? When do you know? He can go months with no stupid drunken behavior but then will come home on a roll. When he drinks he becomes mean. Not physically violent but just mean and constantly angry always followed by the appropriate apologies and promises to never do it again. I am afraid the kids, my parents, my neighbors and friends are going to witness these drunken outbursts. It's humiliating even though I know I didn't do anything wrong. I'm sorry for rambling, I'm just so frustrated and confused as to what is the right way to handle this. I can't just ingnore the fact that he is drunk, angry and squealing the car out of the driveway and down the street, or snapping at my dad or being sarcastic to the neighbors. HELP!