Thread: Remember me?
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2009, 01:30 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

The moral of the story ladies and gentlemen is we can learn to "let go" with love. We can learn to live our lives. We learn we can control only our lives and everyone else is on their own. We learn that our goals are ours alone, they cannot be forced on someone else. We learn that we all have choices and, unfortunately, we cannot force our choices on anyone else.

Man, it took me so long to get to that point!! Ann reached it way before I did. probably 'cause she's older than me huh? Kidding!!
Dev, it just tickles my heart to hear that from you, even though I know you've been to a good place for quite a while now. I think you have always been special to me because our journeys have been so similar and we both had our heels dug in for so long before anything got through to us. And it isn't pretty to see two old ladies being dragged because we refused to let go for so long, well, maybe not so old but I know that I felt about 105 when I began this journey. But if we can find peace with our lives, then anyone can, and the nice thing is that it's all a free gift that we give to each other.

It's hard to let go, it's hard to take the prison warden off speed dial, LOLOL, but it CAN be done, and we're survivors today and wiser for the journey....still crazy, but a little wiser, yes?

Love you Dev, and if you need to try out those sheets you are always welcome to visit Ann's Retreat for old codies who can still laugh at themselves. Just go wayyy north, hang a right and go wayyy east and stop when you hit the Great Lakes.

Hugs