Thread: Intervention?
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2009, 05:06 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
PeaceTrain

Hi Spoiledogz and a big Hug to you for what you are going through.
There is a great deal of great advice on these Boards, so pick and choose what you feel is best for you and your family. Be kind to yourself and seek counselling, read the Boards and attend Meetings if that works.

Regarding an Intervention - We had one for my daughter. What was told to me is that the addict may not have hit their bottom, but the family certainly has and will not go on enabling their behavior. An intervention was put in place to try to prevent/stall a bottom of ________ (things we all have nightmares about).
Did it work -- does anything work -- yet somethings give the person tools to use when they are ready, willing to stop. With regard to my daughter, she went away to rehab for three months, came out, went back to the same lifestyle. Most people in the family did not bother with her, except one. After 7 months of a terrible lifestyle she called the same rehab to get their free one month relapse in-house stay.
Since then, she has been fine and in school - doing quite well. Will it last -- who knows!
Did the Intervention work -- who knows -- but the path led to where we are today.
Best Wishes in whatever you decide..