Thread: Remember me?
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2009, 05:00 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
devastated

Ann

OMG, I just looked up the bamboo sheets!!! You're right they are very expensive. Shoot for that price I hope they throw in the entire board, plant, or whatever it is!

I remember having bamboo in the yard and darn stuff was taking over the whole place. It was difficult to get rid of (sort of like my kid, kidding God).

Had I known then that someone was going to say, "hey, let's make sheets out of this stuff" I would have found a place to store it and sand it down in my spare time.

Story of my life always a day late and a dollar short!

Told my son about it, and he was so excited. He said as soon as he got a bed he was going to get those sheets! Oh, darn, details! Forgot they won't fit the bed of the truck. Why then do they call it a truck bed?

So funny about the halloween costumes! Ok, you can be the lid this year.

That reminds me when the kids were little. I would make these elaborate costumes for my kids while my sister never did anything special for hers. She had 3 boys and each year one would be a cowboy and the other would be the indian. The third one carried the bag for trick or treating. One year the kids complained and said, "Mom, I was an indian last year!" So she said, "ok, so this year you're the cowboy!" Settled! Mine would never accept that! Guess who was the co-dependent me or my sister??

Anyway Ann, thank you for the nice re-introduction for the newcomers. What you failed to tell them was back in 2002, before I met you and the other wonderful gals here, I was just a short putt from the edge. Because of the wonderful support on this forum I actually managed to move on and even had many laughs along the way. Something I never thought I would be able to do as I watched my son destroy his life!

The moral of the story ladies and gentlemen is we can learn to "let go" with love. We can learn to live our lives. We learn we can control only our lives and everyone else is on their own. We learn that our goals are ours alone, they cannot be forced on someone else. We learn that we all have choices and, unfortunately, we cannot force our choices on anyone else.

Man, it took me so long to get to that point!! Ann reached it way before I did. probably 'cause she's older than me huh? Kidding!!

Hugs, Devastated