View Single Post
Old 10-19-2009, 11:58 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Charmie

i am a chronic alcoholic.thats means to me that my illness is twofold.physical and mental.if i stop drinking then the physical part is sorted,the cravings go.but then there comes the day when the insanity of the first drink will rear its head,this comes from nowhere and the idea hits me that again i can maybe drink like other folk.so what do i do as a defense against the insanity of the first drink? i went to AA,got a sponsor,learned what alcoholism really is and got to work on the steps.as a result of the steps i have had a spiritual awakening and if i keep myself spiritually fit on a daily basis then this is the best defense i can have against the first drink.mt last drink was on the 6th of february.i only drank for 12 hours after not drinking for a month and going to AA meetings every day and calling 3,4,5 folk a day from the fellowship.this is what was suggested to me and then came the day when it just happened,i had no power over booze,i was like an automaton going to the shop for drink.so i knew something had to change.i needed a complete phsycic change and spiritual maintenence.the path that led to to this was the 12 steps.since that day i last drank i have not once had a craving.booze rarely enters my head and when it does that thought is quickly gone.pm me if i can be of any help to you at all.i wish you well.