Thread: Remember me?
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2009, 01:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
devastated

Remember me?

I everyone, you do remember me right? I've been gone for a long time and man if you hated how much I talked before, you're going to hate this thread! LOL

So much has happened!

I have had Shingles for a few months now, and currently am out of pain! Whew!

My son has been out of jail for almost one year now. October 28th! He has had a couple of relapses, which doesn't make me happy. The other thing that doesn't make me happy is he still doesn't have steady employment! Hmmm? I realize times are hard, but wasn't it him that said "if a person wants to work, he'll find work?" Oh, yeah, that was when he was incarcerated.

He is still living with the new GF, who, incidentally, is so nice! Don't know how she can put up with him when he goes off the deep end! You know how it goes, when he's good he is very good, when he's bad he's horrible!

He has a new PO, and I'm not kidding, the guy is crazy for me! I know, I know, you've all heard that before, but it's true. I think he is more crazy for me than the mailman, or my X-husband! Mr. Dev, says I'm a "magget"! I hope he means a "magnet!"

Anyway, that's the lighter side of my life. Are you ready for the drama now?

It seems my granddaughter who is just 21 years old has found herself in a bit of a predicament. That is, she has a 3 year old girl, and is currently pregnant again due in November. YIPES< around the son's birthday!

She is still in a program but gets out Oct. 26. Last summer I was contacted by the social worker asking if we were willing to take in the child in the event she was taken from the mom. She had been with the paternal grandma, but seems she was doing drugs!! HELLO? The child was then placed with the granddaughter, and has been there ever since. Then she gets pg again and this guy had promised marriage and had been with her since the first child was 3 months old. She thought he was a keeper, but he has since decided he wanted out.

Now, she has no place to go (except perhaps another rehab, that will accept children) and asked if she could live with us.

In the beginning we thought it would be ok, but now after dealing with her for the past few months, I've changed my mind.

I will go into details later because this thread is way too long already.

Nice to be back, hope all is well with everyone.

Don't forget to watch for the second chapter of "A day in the Life of a Co-dependant!" That would be me!

Hugs, Devastated