View Single Post
Old 10-15-2009, 02:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
outtolunch

Update on my daughter

I think, last I spoke of this, she convinced herself she was going to fail her EMT exam so she did not take the exam. Her other behaviors suggested she was using something. She had herself a good fit, packed up and stormed out of here, with her " addict luggage" and into the car of some strange guy who looked like a street person.

She subsequently did not show for work and her employer called the Police who then came to my door looking for her. I had a sense where she was staying, took a ride over and she was there. She had another huge hissy about being stalked. I backed away, completely.

Flash forward...She has put on some weight ( a good thing, in her case) is employed by the same employer, has a new BF and lives with him, at his parent's house. ( Better there than here)

We see each other several times a week, now. She even pops for lunch, on her payday which does not include helping herself to my wallet.

For the first time, ever, she is talking about some of the dark days, while she was addicted to heroin. She has been deeply affected by the passing of so many she knew, due to OD. Perhaps one of the biggest changes.....is all about her moods. She is stabilizing. She has good days and some not so good, just like everyone. She is talking about her feelings and qualifies it, if she is just venting or looking for feedback.

This as a bright patch. It's her choice to let this patch grow, or not.

I am enjoying getting to know my adult child.