Old 10-14-2009, 08:31 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
miamary05
Still Learning..

Originally Posted by ashleek View Post
You know I love you X but I gotta disagree! I am new to recovery and I hope to God I don't relapse. I feel like I don't want to be that person I was again and maybe it's too early for me to being saying this stuff cause I may eat my words but this is how I feel.

I know damn good and well I am an addict. I know if I put another pill up my nose it won't just be one time, I will be right back in detox again bc I can't just do one. One is never enough! So, maybe I get it before other people because I have been around addicts, I am well educated on addiction, I live my life constantly thinking about recovery. I remind myself where I was and how I don't want to go back there. I have a beautiful two year old son that I have missed so much and he has been right here in front of me the whole time but I'd rather be high than play with him.

I don't need to relapse to know I am addict. Maybe I just get it sooner than some do. Now do I think I will never relapse? I know I could tomarrow no matter how straight I have my head on my shoulders. I love sobriety, I haven't felt this great in such a long time. I laugh for Godsakes! I smile, I am the old me that is stupid crazy and break out in dance to the music in my head. I've always been the outgoing crazy azz person and I lost that person when I was using. I love me and I never want to hate me again.
You basically stole the words out of my mouth.. I feel the same way.. But I will say this.. I did have a relapse awhile back.. It was due to missing my sub appt. I took a couple of hydrocodine.. not my doc.. didn't even feel anything.. I was just too worried about feeling sick.. but it was a relapse.. (to me anyways) and I am not trying to justify why I did it or making excuses I am just simply explaining the situation..

I do know that I do not want to ever go back to that lifestyle or be that person who I once was.. I know for a fact that if I was to use my doc just once.. that it would never stop at just one.. Many say relapse is a part of recovery.. and you never know.. and you can never say never because I am proof that it is possible..but I am gonna try my hardest not to let it ever happen again! I love being sober.. I love the person I am becoming.. I love that I am back to my old self before drugs.. I am going to work at my recovery.. and avoid any possibility of ever relapsing, take one day at a time and go from there.. but I feel the same way as you.. I don't need to relapse to know I am a addict.. I am a addict and I need to focus on ways to prevent relapse.. These are just my thoughts and opinions