Old 10-14-2009, 07:43 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
DonneIslanding

So I went to the meeting tonight that was mentioned to me by one of the guys at my first meeting yesterday... and I think it may have been a different group entirely?

I'm not 100% certain, but there wasn't a familiar face there. At the beginning the group leader (different person) gave the whole schpiel and seemed kinda incredulous when he asked if there was anyone new at the meeting. Asked if there was anyone new or from a different group, then looked around (I kinda stick out in a crowd) and went "Okaaay". It was a small group and slightly awkward after that.

Anyways, guess I'll play it safe and head back to the same Tuesday meeting next week. A much bigger group and kind of friendlier... not really sure what to make of this experience! Haha.

I had that Big Book and White Chip with me to verify my "deservedness", but I'm pretty sure it was a different group altogether. Looking at the local AA website's Meeting Directory, the meeting tonight is <Townname>, where as yesterday's was <Townname> <Nouns>.

Hmmmmm... may be curious to try and figure out if they're the same group or not. Or try a "definitely" different one altogether tomorrow (namely in a different town). So it goes.