Old 10-14-2009, 06:46 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
xpartyeee
Reborn in Sobriety!

Alright I ahve so many thoughts angles and feelings about this. I will first state my opinions and then try to look at in another direction. I agree that it is not for anyone to say you don't count or you aren't recovered or you aren't clean because you take a medication a pain killer whatever. There is a Huge difference between being an addict way overboard out of control then beingan addict that is recovered who takes a pain med as prescribed for pain. As far as I am concerned you are healed you are complete you are so far recovered if you are avle to take that mew pain killer whatever as prescribed and be ok and keep your addiction in check. That is a good point to be at. Here is why I believe others say the things they do. We are all addicts agreed. Ok that being said an addict is an addict and we all have urges we all will probably have urges and we all no that if we slip on that urge from that pill or that med or even that ritual we loose evrything we worked so hard to build its not the fact that you take that pill its the fact that you can push the envelope with that pill. At the same time for some of us we have gotten to the awarness pin were we know what is what we feel what we feel and we know we got to that point were we know how to take things were we dont act on our urges and that is the true point of recovery. An addict will always want that pipe that drink that needle but to say no way not again that is recovery that is when you can truely heal and stay clean. For alot of addicts I can say from experience you maybe forced or start recovery when you are not ready. You may have think you it the bottom but sometimes you have to hit below the bottom Its tuff its ruff its wrong that this is the way but it is the way to recovery. I will tread litely on this so please dont get mad its not like this for everyone this me and whoever wants to agree I don't think your an addict unless you relapse what I mean is someone that uses for a long knows they have a problem gets clean and then stays clean granted this person is addicted to there doc but they were able to quit get out be great fine. One is not worse then the other or anything like that that is not what I am tryinig to say I guess in my head addicts have to fail multiple times really before they can learn how to Win and overcome. Its like playing the same game over and over and over and over utill you figure it out and win the game. Then your done. Others play once get mored say this isdumb and change. Addicts cant do that theuy have to go through all of it again and again or there is no satisfaction it really is sort of sick when you think about it. So back to the point becasue of this that is why people are so you cant do that that doesn;t count its because they try to tie up everything and try to hide the failure that has to come. With Addicts the only way to win is to fail It ois the only way to get through and finish. Again let me say I may have put this in a way that may be wrong to you may affend you may upset YOU THAT WOULD NEVER BE MY INTENTION THIS ISJUST HOW MY PATH WENT AND MY OPINION REMEMBER ALL PEOPLE SEEKING HELP WHENEVER THEY DO ARE TAKING BIG PERSONAL STRIDES TO HEAL AND BE A BETTER PERSON AND THAT IS SPECAIL AND GREAT WHENEVER YOU DO THAT MY THOUGHTS ARE MINE. I HOPE EVERYONE HAS A STRONG DAY!