View Single Post
Old 10-14-2009, 06:13 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
freya

I want somebody who knows, most of the time, that s/he is good enough for God.

I want somebody who shows up for life -- the good things, the bad things, the big things, the little things, the once-n-a-lifetime things and the boring, repetitious everyday things.

I want somebody for who considers the opportunity to show up for life to be a joy and an adventure and a blessing.

I want somebody who is 100% committed to hir own healing journey and spiritual growth.

I want somebody who is willing and able to do the deep emotional, psychological and spiritual work implied by that and who is willing and able to share about and/or work through that openly and honestly with me and to let me share the same way with hir.

I also want somebody who understands the importance of having this kind of emotional support and intimacy from people other than me only....i.e. somebody who truly knows (or is clearly committed to learning) how to be in, to nurture and to maintain relationship with hir partner and with hir friends and with hir family (if appropriate), even when it's tough.

I want somebody who is willing to risk the intimacy of praying together.

Sex all the time would also be wonderful......but if sex all the time is the only thing on hir relationship ideals list, then that's probably a really good sign that s/he's scared sh*tless of and incapable of intimacy on other levels....and, in that case, sex all the time is a series of one night stands with the same person, not an intimate partnership, IMHO.

freya

Last edited by freya; 10-14-2009 at 06:29 PM.